‘KaTaPaYadi’ – An Ancient Indian Art Of Encoding
KaTaPaYadi is an ancient Indian System of coding numbers into alphabet. The technique was used to great effect in many disciplines including mathematics, astronomy, literature, and music.
1. Convenient and easy way to remember very large numbers and to remember vast information.
2. Trigonometry – Sine value and the infinite series of Sine
3. Mathematical Calculations
4. Astronomical Calculations
5. Classical Music – Naming of Ragas
6. Embedding Dates
7. World’s Oldest Cypher – Not for exclusivity but for transmittivity.
8. … much more
Also Watch: ‘Footprints Of Culture’ – ‘Understanding Ancient India’
Video Credit: indiavideodotorg
Note: Please note that above video is not any kind of advertisement or support to any individual or organization. Our only intention is to convey the cultural message to viewers through the video.